Super charge your Power BI reports and dashboards with
Data map visual. Discover hidden pattern in your data and get a better understanding of spatial trends and patterns. Add a location context to measures and derive deeper location aware insights.
- Use Coordinates or Well-know texts from Power BI dataset
- Integrate Power BI datasets with external spatial datasources
- Support for GeoJSON, KML and ArcGIS feature service layers.
- Use basemaps from OpenStreetMap, MapTiler or Mapbox
- Use heatmap, point clusters or standard symbols
- Conditional formatting to symbolize features colour and size
- Drill down upto 7 hierarchical level
- Support for all EPSG projection system
Data map requires atleast one category field to get started.
- From the Fields pane, drag a field to catgeory field. This will change the visual from landing page to world map with OpenStreetMap as base layer.
- At least one other field is required for cross higlighting to work.
- We can use coordinates from Power BI dataset to display points, add longitude/X-coordinate and latitude/Y-coordinate fields. Both these fields are required to display point features using coordinates.
- We can use well-known text to display any geometry such as point, line and polygon. Drag a field containing WKT to Well-known text field bucket.
- Both WKT and Coordinates can be used at the same time to display features on map.
- Single or multiple tooltip fields by dragging them to Tooltip fields bucket.
Note: Tooltip setting should be turned on in format panel for tooltips to be visible.